Saturday, April 24, 2010

In the beginning...

In the beginning...

I've been planning my wedding for about 8 years now, but let me set the record straight; I am not currently engaged. There is no ring or date. Just the right guy. For as long as I can remember I've been thinking about what I want and absolutely do not want for my wedding. The way I see it, when the time is right I will have already made most of the decisions.

Why a blog? In the search for my 'dream' wedding, I have seen quite a few really good ideas that just don't fit into what I now think of as my wedding. Somehow I don't think my family will come to see me get married multiple times just because I have more than one theme or color scheme that I think would look amazing. So I came up with a challenge; what if I were to attempt to plan a different wedding each month, using only things that I like (whether or not I would be able to afford it.) I would include:

  • Bridal attire (dress, shoes, hair, makeup)
  • Bridesmaids
  • Groomsmen
  • Location
  • Entertainment (including but not limited to a top 3 must play songs list)
  • Flowers
  • Centerpieces/table decor
  • Food
  • Favors
  • Invitations
  • Anything else I can possibly pretend relates to the wedding idea


Lately I have been inspired by:

CardCow.com Vintage Postcards



Theknot.com
Can't find a direct link for this but it was saved to my favorites, so here are the details from theknot:

Wasabi + Pumpkin
Lend your signature flower and motif to the cake. Three-tiered square cake with Mokara sugar orchids, sugar paste green china berries, sugar clementines, and graphic square print band by Cake Alchemy.

Make a graphic statement with your stationery. Letterpress Headline invite and favor card printed on 100-percent cotton rag paper by Elum Designs, Inc. Photo coaster favor from The Knot Wedding Shop.

Coordinate the groom and his men. Orange and white striped tie by Ted Baker London. Sterling silver, orange-beaded cuff links by David Donahue.

Event Design by Evantine Design



p.s. I am in LOVE with this bouquet!

No comments:

Post a Comment